NRA Basic Pistol ClassPurpose
- “To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and using a pistol safely. ”
- $125 Paid in advance.
What To Bring To Class
- Notebook Pen/ Pencil
- Gun & 100 rounds ammunition
- Eye and hearing protection.
- Refreshments if needed. (We will break for lunch/dinner)
- Drivers licence or state ID (NRA card if you have it, not required)
- We suggest t-Shirts or a shirt that doesn't allow a hot case to gain entry.
- A good attitude and a willingness to learn (Mandatory)
- Safety first, last, and always.
- This course is at least 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols.
- Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling
- Pistol parts and operation; ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals
- Range rules
- Shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions
- Cleaning the pistol.
- Continued opportunities for skill development.
Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate.
-Register in advance in the store to secure your spot in the class.
-Class size is limited so it will be filled on a first paid first admitted basis.